There's no denying that lighting can make or break the look of images taken with your smart phone or camera. Although editing the images with apps can help, some photography issues can only be fixed when proper lighting is available during your photoshoots.
In this training, you will learn lighting techniques and tips directly from professional photographer Amanda Gardner of the Atlanta School of Photography.
Photography topics covered in this class include:
- Composition, arrangement and filling the frame
- Exploration of light : window lighting, back lighting, using unique ambient lights sources
- Accessorizing and styling your shot. Using easy to find and available pieces to make your photos pop!
- Techy talk: Exposure, focusing, lens choice and camera settings.
- Post production; Some simple steps to make those photos POP! Take your photos to the next level with a few quick and easy editing tips
- Social media and sharing your work. Learn when and what to hashtag, where to share your work and some creative ways to keep people coming to see your work.
Attending the Sweet Makers Industry Conference? Sign-in to register for this seminar and receive the Professional Experience, Conference discount. This seminar is $75 for non-conference attendees, and $50 for those attending under the Professional Experience. LEARN MORE
INSTRUCTOR: Amanda Gardner
DATE: FRIDAY, Nov 8, 2019
TIME: 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
CLASS LENGTH: 2 HOURS
REGULAR PRICE: $75 || CONFERENCE PRICE: $50
About Amanda Gardner
Amanda is a highly energetic wedding and corporate photographer, born and raised in Atlanta. She has watched Atlanta grow from a small southern city to the flourishing art-savvy place it has become and is enjoying the people and culture moving along with it.
Having a strong passion for photojournalism, living in the south has provided the perfect backdrop to be a visual storyteller. The people and their stories drive Amanda to be a better photographer, she believes knowing an individuals story, their past or sharing a laugh with them for 5 minutes is only going to improve the image.
In 2010 she received a degree in commercial photography and began working as a teaching assistant at Gwinnett Technical College in the photography department. She has had the privilege of working alongside several heavy hitters in the Atlanta photo community and credits them for her technical abilities and knowledge. Amanda has received a PPA International Silver award and Best Image award in China and has also had the opportunity to work the PPA International Print Competition the last three years. Her motto is to do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do!
Alongside photography you can usually catch Amanda at a local disc golf course, camping or busting a move on the dance floor at a bluegrass festival.